Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Thank You Everyone

I want to express my sincere appreciation to all of my readers who shared their thoughts and advice with respect to Barry's upcoming physical (which is next week).  When I composed that post, I never dreamed that it would generate such an outpouring of heartfelt comments from your experiences in life.  It made me realize that there is a reason why I blog.  Thank you each and everyone.

I was also struck by the fact that so many of you offered your comments from your own perspective (which is where it has to come from), but also acknowledged in one way or another that Barry and I have to do what makes sense for us.

Although I shared a thank you in the comments of that post, I also wanted to compose this individual posting so that I could help make sure that each of you see it.  I also wanted to share with you Barry's and my decision, since your comments helped reach it.

First, regarding whether I accompany Barry to the doctor.  That wasn't really a big issue.  Barry and I have talked about it a lot in the past, especially during and since each of our major health issues last year.  We each want to be present with the other for all of the positive reasons offered.  The reason I mentioned it was because Barry was grumbling a bit about it at the time.  Looking back on it, I think that grumbling was caused by his concern about wearing panties. It was just another layer he could add to his complaint. When we finally sat down on Sunday night to really talk about both issues, he was very clear that we should both be there.

Wearing panties to his physical was definitely more of a concern to him.  I have come to understand and appreciate that.  Some of your comments raised the issue that if Barry is not comfortable in front of his doctor, he might not share things that are going on.  There is also the issue that this is the first time Barry will be seeing a female doctor, which adds another level.  So, when it came time to talk about this, I had a very different outlook.  I want Barry to get the best medical care he can, so I want him to feel comfortable with his physician.  That means no panties.  This process has also helped me understand that when I made the rule about only wearing panties, Barry and I were in a different place than we are now.  I was still dealing with his masturbation issues and was trying to gain control of some things.  We are well past that now.  The use of panties and Barry's chastity device have become symbols of his devotion (and submission, in some ways).  However, they are not critical in our relationship.  That made it easy for me to understand that I needed to relax the rule.

Barry actually likes wearing panties.  So, when we sat down to talk about what to do, he actually liked my idea of wearing men's silk or satin briefs that look and feel much like panties, but are a bit more "manly".  He would feel very comfortable wearing them, because they are designed for men, but also offer some of the things he likes about panties.

So, in the end, our decision was easy.

Thank you all, once again.  You are wonderful.

Susan

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear it worked out so well, and hope the doctor visit is just as positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Susan. I agree that it is a good idea for you to attend his physical (and him yours). I applaud you and Barry for the way in which you communicate with each other. A beautiful marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to what happens next!

    ReplyDelete