Monday, April 6, 2015

Time to Travel and Have Fun

Barry and I have always wanted to travel, but never had the time to do so before we retired.  After each of our health issues, we made a pledge to do so.  We are now making good on that pledge.  We have decided that we need to travel while we still have our health, so we are going to do so.

We are also very fortunate to have the financial capability to do at least some travel.  So, we have made some plans for several trips this year.    We leave Thursday on our first excursion, an extensive road trip to the southwest.  It is an area that has intrigued both of us, so we are each excited.  Since it is still 'off-season', we have not made any reservations.  We are going to go where the spirit leads us, and we are not sure when we will return home.

We have another trip planned for the fall.  I'll share more about that later.

So, expect some long absences (or at least, much fewer posts).  As you know, I have absented myself from this blog previously because I don't like to be tied down.  I don't make any promises about posting while we are traveling.  If he spirit moves me, I will do so.  If I'm not moved, I won't.  I must confess, that I'm looking forward to this freedom ... and time for Barry and me to just enjoy each other and new experiences.

Susan

2 comments:

  1. Have a nice trip, you two. I will miss this blog, but I am patient.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a smaller, more portable, set of equipment need to keep Barry in training?

    ReplyDelete