A couple of months ago we began talking about implementing "Devotional Sex" in our lifestyle, but never really got past the talking stage. I brought it up again this week and we each agreed to try it out. For those readers not familiar with "Devotional Sex" (DS), there are two websites that serve as excellent resources:
- www.devotionalsex.com - which provides excellent explanations and guidelines
- www.devotionalsex.tumblr.com - a photo blog, which may appear to be pornographic, but offers excellent examples of the mindset that DS can create between partners.
The basic concepts that we are starting to implement include:
- I am Barry's Princess and he is my Knight. As his Princess I solely make the decisions about all aspects of our sexual activities. I like this concept much better than "I have the Pussy, so I Make the Rules" model, which makes the female sound like a spoiled brat and the male feel like a submissive wimp. In the Princess/Knight model, the Knight adores and worships the Princess and wants to pleasure her and the Princess views him as her Knight in shining armor.
- The Knight agrees to obey the wishes and commands of the Princess (as long as they are within his limits - DS is fully consensual).
- The Princess can command the Knight to pleasure her at any time and he agrees to do so for as long as she desires.
- The Princess also decides how and when to pleasure her Knight, although she is open to requests or suggestions from him. She also decides if/when the Knight will be allowed to orgasm.
There are many more aspects to DS, however these are the initial few basics that Barry and I are beginning to explore.
While, my sense is that a true and full DS relationship would not require a chastity device, Barry and I have agreed that he will remain in his device at all times, except when I decide it can be removed (such as for sexual activities, time when we are together and he is under my personal supervision, or a time of special reward to my Knight).
We are obviously just getting started on this new journey, but last week went well. We talked a good bit last night and we each agreed that it feels right and we plan to continue.